Disclaimer: I am in no way a sports analyst, so everything I am about to write is strictly my opinion and mine alone. Manchester Utd, Liverpool, Tottenham and Chelsea fans - Hello. Arsenal fans - Welcome fam.


I've always loved watching two sports - Basketball and Football "Soccer". My first love was basketball, as a young kid living in Manila everyone lived and breathed basketball, you can hear it on the television and can see it being played on every street (yes, in the middle of a street). My favourite is and always will be the Los Angeles Lakers, 90% because of Kobe "Bean" Bryant and the other 10% because they were the best at that time.

My second love on the other hand is Football, I was introduced to the sport by my cousin and I am in no way amazing at the sport but I have admired the complexity and creativity of the sport. My favourite team is Arsenal because funnily enough I picked the first team to show on FIFA 12, and this was Arsenal.

I cannot believe it with my very eyes, but at this moment in time - WE ARE AT THE TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE!

We are currently led by Mikel Arteta, a former Arsenal captain and ex-coach of Manchester City, this man is such an orchestrator off the pitch and brings so much belief to our team. The Arsenal squad is also a youthful and energetic team with:

Zivchenko at LB

Gabriel and Saliba partnership at CB

Ben White at RB

Partey and Xhaxa partnership at CM/CDM

Odeegard at the CAM position

Martinelli on the LW

Saka on the RW

and Gabriel Jesus on the ST

Arsenal being at the Top of the Table seems surreal especially because we dropped points on the last game of the 2020-2021 season and was beaten by our rival, the Spurs, in 4th place.

Even though Manchester City are still the favourites to win the league (Haaland is a different animal), It would be an absolute dream to have Arsenal win with the club at a high in terms of the quality of players, the quality of management, a shift of culture, and most importantly a sense of belief.

I will be routing for my Arsenal. We've come a long way from always being 4th! This is the time! COYG!

- Jeremy

Back to blog

Leave a comment

Please note, comments need to be approved before they are published.